Friday, March 30, 2018

Just Don’t Understand

We all know this here gal is Southern. I adore good food. Shoot, most food addicts adore good food. I am no exception. 

What I do not understand is Chinese food. We have a great one that delivers when I have decided cooking is not an option that day. It’s quick, good, and full of sodium. Last night we ordered some of that amazing goodness and sat down to eat upon delivery. 

My husband had this little container of rice. White rice. That’s it. Nothing else. (It went with his General Tso’s Chicken)

Now, what kind of sense does that make, I ask? I had fried rice with flavor, little bits of ham, and some veggies. His was just....plain.

I’m sorry, but we Southerners just can’t do this white plain rice. There’s gotta be some flavor up on top or cooked in to it. 

That sad little container of rice was thrown away and never even touched. 

Rice is a canvas.....gravy is the paint. You gotta have both, people. 


No comments: