Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Is it Monday? 

I really thought it was Tuesday when I woke up this morning. 

This is usually my one day home during the week to get things done around the house. Laundry being the number one thing on my list. 

My calendar alerted me that my boy has a dental cleaning at 3:30. Gah. That means I gotta shower, get dressed, and go people. So be it. Only happens once every six months. 

I was on my third cup of coffee and did a quick pit stop in my half bath. 

It started backing up. 

The heck????

I start plunging and the stupid plunger broke. (Weight training at the gym paying off, eh?)

Ran to get the one from my bathroom. Hollered at Paige to go upstairs and grab one from there. 

No luck. 

Seriously getting mad now. 

Paige took a shift plunging while I googled can you put drano in a toilet. 

That would be a no. 

Dangit. 

Google did say put dish detergent and a pot of hot (not boiling) water in and that would break up a clog. 

Well, the water level went down and more plunging made for lots of bubbles. Lots. Of. Bubbles. 

After a good thirty minutes, I admitted defeat and called a plumber. 

Who can come between 3 & 5. My son’s appointment is at 3:30. 

Called The Man to see if he can come home early. He will, but not until 3. 

What if they come early? I have to leave at 2:10. 

Sigh. 

Call dentist and tell the complete truth. I’m sure the gal really didn’t want to know my toilet struggles. She did waive the cancellation fee because....crap happens. 

Call the school because my son’s phone is messed up (thanks Apple update) to tell him to come home. 

Ya’ll. It’s 10 am here and I am already TIRED. This is ridiculous. Now I’m doing extra cleaning because some random dude is coming in my house. 

Now we get to find out if a certain four year old flushed a toy or it’s a legit clog. 

Everyone’s bet is on the toy. 

Slightly thankful I can still wash clothes and there are other toilets in my home still working. 

I can hear our money going down the drain......

No comments: