Monday, June 27, 2005

Diets, Pizza, and Rain

My, how time flies. This summer is flying by on wings that never rest. We all have the lovely pre-cancerous glow that has found it's way past high SPF sunscreen. All you see from the 2 youngest in this house as they streak through is incredibly white tushies attached to lovely brown limbs. For the first time in years, I'm not ashamed to wear shorts! Believe that.

My self imposed diet has faded into nothingness. ~sigh~ When am I ever going to get my act together and get some of this off of me? I know it can be done but the thought of losing 100 lbs again just makes me weary. I am 8 years older with 2 more children. I still await that magic pill that can erase all this damage done by my emotional eating. This all weighs (no pun intended) on me as I broke down and ate the two leftover pizza slices a little while ago. I did better eating when pregnant last time than I'm doing now. argh.

I am excited to say that my friend Ms. M's hubby is coming home from Iraq this week for his 2-week leave. I am freaking giddy for her. She hasn't seen said hubby for almost a year and is beside herself in anticipation. Who can blame her??? She is polishing toes and furniture, getting the yards in order, and getting nervous when she pauses to think about seeing him Tuesday. It makes me want to cry because she has been on her own with 2 young kids for a while now. She's gone through a health scare or two, not to mention Christmas without him. We spoke after her health scare and she was laughing as she told the story (understand that it was NOT funny as it happened). She was in the Dr.'s office telling them to goto Iraq and get her husband right then!! Thankfully, that has passed and she's superfine now (super is my neice's new word and I think it's cool). Ms. O is Ms. M's daughter and she is coming over tomorrow to play with my Makenna. Ms. O doesn't know Daddy is coming home this week. All she knows is that it's now really really really soon. Mom is going to bring home a surprise for Ms. O and her sister Ms. S Wednesday morning. Oh, how I would love to be a fly on the wall because Ms. O is the epitome of Daddy's Girl and will simply be over the moon when she sees her hero walk in. I cry now just thinking about it.

So I plan a FUNFILLEDPICNICSWIMALLDAY Day for tomorrow. Ms. O and Ms G (another close friend who makes it a lovely trio) are planning to come over and swim all day in the Big Boy.....picnic at the outside table....play in the sand box and generally just get worn out. It is supposed to rain. Dangit. Go to Plan B. It will be a MOVIEFESTPLAYDRESSUPEATALLTHEJUNKYOUCAN Day. Always have a backup people. We are going to make rice krispy treats and veg out in front of the t.v. with all our favorite animated characters. The Olsen Twins might make an appearance...not sure yet. So Monday will be Monday. We are prepared either way!!

My dear sweet hubby came home this weekend after being gone for 2 weeks. I must've called him a dozen times Friday as he did his 6 hour drive home. I think at the time I thought that if I called him, it would get him here faster. I got butterflies because I was just so excited to see him and couldn't wait. I sang the "Daddy's coming home" song to Vitt over and over until I'm sure he was sick of it. And it was good. We went nowhere but to church today but it was good. I need more time with him and I'm not going to get it anytime soon. From what he's told me, he's going to be even more scarce. Some Navy blah blah blah he has to do come August. Can't a gal catch a break? This too shall pass and he'll be one more day closer to retirement. I can say that at this moment because I don't miss him yet as he just left this evening. I'm sure I will have plenty to say about it later..........

Btw...the intense counselling is working wonders! I have a semi-normal kid on my hands and I'm loving it! I'm also waiting for the other shoe to drop and the sullen, unhappy, goth-acting pre-teen to emerge again. Raising tweens nowadays sucks!! Hard work, people, trust me.

Til later my friends............

No comments: