Saturday, March 04, 2006

My Life is a Country Song

There is an old joke about country music. That if you play a country song backwards, you get the woman back, the dog back, and the truck back. Many people have told me how depressing country music can be. It's all about the trials and tribulations of life itself. So many times I've listened to a particular song and had to nod my head in agreement. Some songs even make me shed a tear or two.

As I was fixing my pot of coffee this morning, I had an epiphany of sorts. At the moment, my life is a number one hit country song. I had to laugh to keep from crying. Case in point. I will give you a few details that could possibly win some singer a grammy.

  1. My Makenna has the flu right now.
  2. She also has a flare up of her eye ulcer going on.
  3. My Paige thinks she's grown and refuses to be a child.
  4. My husband is stuck in a boat and I haven't talked to him since Thursday morning. Don't exactly know when I'll get to.
  5. I'm working a new job that I love but can't get a handle on because of numbers 1-4.
  6. My dishwasher is quite possibly leaking. (I came to that conclusion when I stepped in water this morning in that vicinity)
  7. My commode is still broken. The back tank is open and exposed and I can flush it...just the redneck way.
  8. I ran over the stray dog that took up here...quite by accident. No one liked her but I've been treated like mean person because she ran in front of my van. Thing is? She's still alive and seems okay for the most part.
  9. My house has suffered due to the sickness and I am overwhelmed at the thought of buckling down and cleaning it.
  10. Last but not least.....my ex is driving me crazy with his stupidity. No country song can be complete with an ex mentioned somewhere in there.

This doesn't seem to be alot of grief really. But, add it all in and you got one hockin' good country song. I'm sure of it.

I really think that most of the country song writers have to have been in therapy at some point in their lives. Maybe some need to go now.

That's why I've been a little lax in posting. The fiddles, steel guitar, bass fiddle, and acoustic guitar have been a little bit distracting.

No comments: