Sunday, January 13, 2008

Heavy Heart....

I got a heavy heart today, Internets. My friend Lu's mom just passed away only an hour or so ago. Miss Emmie was her name and I always considered her one of my "extra" Moms growing up. I spent so much time over at her house growing up with Lu, I thought of it as a home away from home. I went on a few family vacations with Lu growing up so you could say she was definately an extra mothering influence in my life.

Now, Miss Emmie was a fine Christian woman who loved the Lord more than anything. I just feel if she could pick a day to go home and meet her Savior...Sunday would be her pick. If you don't believe in God, please don't use this post to comment on in a negative way. I'm grieving here and my heart is hurting.

I have so many memories of this lady. She handled a bunch of giggly girls pretending to be Girl Scouts without batting an eye for years. She knew Lu and I snuck out of the house as teenagers and that we even took the car for a joyride. Yet, she only said years later that all she did was pray that we'd get home safe. And we did. (uh....sorry Mama for telling you about that in a blog) She cooked southern style and you never went hungry at her house.

Now, I have a friend who will have to learn how to go through life without her Mama. And I know we all come to that day sooner or later. I'm not looking forward to it at all. My world without my Mama is something I can't even fathom. I only hope that I can provide some level of comfort when I see her.

Lu and I have been through thick and thin since meeting and becoming friends in the second grade. She stuck by my side when my Grandaddy passed away years ago and I want to be glue for her now.

She reads my blog on a regular basis and if you are inclined, my Internet friends, a word or two would be mighty appreciated.

I am off to pack and mentally prepare myself to ride alone with a 3 year old who has to potty every 30 minutes. The Man is holding down the fort with the girls whilst I am gone. Can't wait to see how he handles the single parenting gig for a couple of days.

I'm just sad.

I'll treasure the memories, Miss Emmie. Heaven is happy you're home.

4 comments:

andria said...

That's nice that you can go be there for you friend. I will pray for her and her family and for your safe trip and return.

My mom almost died last year. I will never forget that feeling. That feeling like you can throw up all day long and like time has stood still but only just for you. It will be like that for your friend for a while. Just so glad she has you to lean on.

Take care. Wish there was something I could do.

Celia said...

I'm praying for her family.

Hermes said...

Losing anyone you care about is sad and we feel for you and your friend up here. All the best, and may memories of southern cooking keep you warm.

Krys72599 said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend Lu - not a day goes by that I don't think of my dad who died 03/16/87. It's going on 21 years and it doesn't even feel like 21 mintues ago.
Her mom will always be in her heart and will help her through this awful time. Know that we all care and feel for her.