Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moving Right Along.....

*As we sat down to eat our Sunday dinner (that would be the noon meal for those who are not Southern), we waited for The Boy to bless the food. I stopped him to tell him he needed to close his eyes when he prayed because that's how it's done.

He said...."I not see you if I close my eyes." And refused to do so.

*Paige's phone died. Again. That pink Raz*r just hasn't been a good phone at all. I hope other people are having better luck with it than she has. I made her call tech support and ask them about it. I'm not going to have kids afraid to take care of their own business. Tech support said the phone was officially dead and needed to be replaced, but it was still under warranty. I called last night to see what I needed to do in order to have her a phone that worked. I really lucked out and got a fellow mom with teens in customer service.

Paige isn't eligible for an upgrade until August. She had decided she wanted an EnV like ours. I told her we paid the monthly service fee, so she could pay for her phone. I would get her a basic low cost phone with an upgrade, but if she wanted something fancier? She'd had to pay for it herself. Yeah, we're horrible parents. She immediately started putting money aside every time she worked. At last check? She had $75.00 towards that orange piece of love. This lovely woman who works at the V-carrier was so impressed that a 13 year old was motivated enough to work for something. She went ahead and put me in for an early upgrade. Yes....that girl has her orange EnV on the way. At what cost? A lovely $79.00. To say she's excited is a massive understatement. As she had pretty much the whole amount saved....I called us even and told her she better take care of this one like a new born baby.

Tonight begins our first Compass session of the year. It's in the evening time this go round, so it'll be a few late nights for the old lady here. I've been working my butt pretty good trying to get my responsibilities taken care of as in the registrations and whatnot. Now, I've got to do a hard study session to brush up on my information and be prepared to get in front of a right decent sized class. Of course, I'll probably end up taking my shoes off so I can talk straight. I'm thinking that quirk of mine will keep me out of cooperate careers later in life.

I had a long self absorbed post almost completed yesterday morning when my phone started ringing and the whole reason I was writing was on the other end. Sounds all mysterious, but it's not. I believe I'll be sharing later on in the week. I want to get this class out of way first.

I have to go get my son dressed for a field trip. His Dad is going with him to some farm to ride ponies and a wagon....I think. All I know is I saw the slip of paper from school that said an outdoor field trip and Miss Hope doesn't do outdoor field trips. Hate it. My mother was the one who went to the petting zoo with my girls back in 5K. I just don't like outdoors. Good thing Fred's around to participate with Vitt. Otherwise, my boy would be missing out. Sorry....that's how I roll.

How cute is he gonna be with his jeans, cowboy boots, and baseball cap on? I see a picture in a future post.....

8 comments:

Mrs. Em said...

I just HAVE to say that I'm so happy to be back and reading your blog again! I've missed it! And that post you were working on...did that call come from ME??

Krys72599 said...

"A fellow mom with teens in customer service?" You were blessed, indeed, Miss Hope!

Miss Hope said...

Nah, Em.....but we did discuss it while we were on the phone. It's just about this volunteer stuff is all.

The more I think about it...the more I am inclined to trash it.

Hermes said...

That noon meal dinner thing exists up here too. I don't know why, it's mostly out on the northern prairies of Alberta and Saskatchewan. Must be a cowboy thing. Good call allowing the young one an opportunity to take care of her own business. Being able to express dissatisfaction and negotiate a redress in an appropriate fashion is a skill sorely lacking in most youth.

Anonymous said...

I am totally with the wrong carrier! inm sooooo jealous. Compass was late...its been a dragging day, time for night number 2

Crazy Me said...

I want a new phone but I'm still under contract with mine. Bummer. Think your daughter would work for a new one for me?

Anonymous said...

Uh... Shouldn't you be asking me that? Haha.
Uhhhh, sure..?
What phone ya want?






















Pft, jaykay. Money I get now is for my room. (:
Sorry.

Celia said...

Hope, I'm glad you've been happy with your phones. Sucks about the Razr, though. Yuck.