"This award may be passed to ONLY ONE! We all have that ONE blog that we look forward to every single day whether it's updated every day or not; that ONE blog that reaches to the depths of our soul; this is the ONE deserving of the "Tea Cup Blogger" Award. So -- because your blogging warms my soul like a hot cup of tea, you are deserving of this very special honor ... "USS Retired passed this sweet award on to me. I have to laugh because we live only a mile or so apart and have yet to meet! We've chatted on the phone and computer and can't seem to find a spare five minutes to see each other in person. We'll have to soon, though, because I don't want to leave here having never met her. Thank you, Ma'am, for the honor!
This was hard for me because I would love to give this to quite a few bloggers I know. Alas, I have to pick one and I choose Andria over at Boy Crazy. I've shared a few awards with her over the past couple of years, but I like me some Boy Crazy. We've since become Face uh Book friends where we've challenged each other to word games and even chatted a few times. Oh, the power of technology. I adore visiting her blog because she has a son older than mine so I'm reading on what to expect. She has a daughter younger than mine so I can feel her pain on fixing hair and frilly clothes. She's also started another blog on her thrifty savings that I enjoy. I'm all about a coupon and saving a dollar and it's great knowing someone who gets that. Thanks, Andria for some great reading!
I am Boymom has tickled me to no end with this award. For those of you who are regular visitors to The Edge know that I've never even claimed to be in the running for this particular award. In fact, I just knew it would be the LAST one I could put on the mantle and polish every day. I guess the fact that I don't even have a fireplace (yet) doesn't even factor in. There are a few questions I have to answer in order to display this lovely picture and I'm all about participating!
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I'm not as consistent as I need to be. I'm anal about some things and let others slide. I need to be more on top of teaching my kids good housekeeping skills. While they get it and do it when I fuss and fuss and FUSS...I need to back my stuff up with consequences instead of just giving up. I let it stress me out too much and that's not what I want them to remember when they're older and deciding my nursing home.....how crazy their Mama was growing up.
Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
- They all have an incredible sense of humor.
- Since we moved away from family, we've bonded together as a family and have done so many things together. Even the teenager goes willingly!
- All three use their manners and so many people have complimented both them and The Man and myself on this.
- My kids love when I PMS because there will be a cookie in the house or Dad will bake something yummy. Yay for Mama's PMS!
- I love when we watch movies together, how all three of my kids pile up on top of each other on the couch. I have more fun watching them than I do the television. It's moments like those I freeze in my mind to come back and visit later.
- My kids might not love it now, but they'll appreciate later how I have instilled in them how to dress for different occasions and not to wear nasty dirty flip flops to church.
- I love my husband. My husband loves me. I can't think of anything better you can show your children than a loving relationship with your spouse. To me, that's the biggest security blanket there is for a child.
•Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
(I can't fix my bullets here! Meh, you all know what I'm trying to do so I won't stress anymore over it!)
These are all women that I admire. They are Mothers who are doing the very best that they can to raise their children and they love their husbands! I am blessed to be able to share their lives in a small part through their blogs.
Thank you again for such amazing blog awards. I am constantly humbled by the generosity of blog writers every single day!