It is time for me to upgrade/update my cell phone. And not a minute too soon, if you ask me. She's been a good companion, but her time is about up. Her battery has lost the ability to recharge and her outside is beaten and scarred. You know how much I love my cell phone. Her picture taking abilities just can't be beat. I also believe I got a magic cell phone in that I have been able to take more pictures than I'm sure her memory can hold, yet she continues to let me snap away when needed. I shall miss her but the good memories will live on.
I am with that V-named carrier. The choices available on the website are just overwhelming once you start really looking. Let me tell you what I would like to have and if you have a phone I can get with V, then I shall look closer at that particular model.
I need the following:
- picture taking abilities. I don't like Paige's razor because it has a delay before taking the picture. Too many moments will be lost. When I press the "ok" button, I need for the picture to be taken right then.
- that said pictures will turn out decently because The Edge is where I usually display my picture taking talents and I know you don't want to see blurry messed up images. Neither do I.
- I'm digging the text message pad thingy. I text alot because of having a teenager, but now that I go to meetings, the ability to do so is a major plus when I need to tell Fred I'm bored or to pick up milk.
- music is not something I have to have. I know there are those mp3 deals or whatnot now available, but I feel that would be wasted on me. I mean, if I had it, I'd probably put some kid's tunes on to entertain the boy in tight spots, but it's not that important.
- it has to be on the affordable side. I am a Mom with a small kid who will sometimes get his hands on the device and see how far he can throw it.
- oh, and that touch screen thingy? Might could learn to live with it, but a friend has that chocolate one and it drives me crazy when I try to help her do something on it. At least, I think it's a chocolate.
I'm so excited to get a new toy to play with. I'm one of those anal people who will sit with the book and try and learn all the tricks a new gadget can do. Paige, on the other hand, will sit with the device itself for 30 minutes and have it all figured out on her own. Some people are just talented that way, I guess.
A friend has the EnV, which I played around with the other day to see how I liked the feel of it. I liked it, but am still open to suggestions from all you other cell phone users out there.
My husband, who does around 10-20 texts a month, thinks he has to have a keypad also. (rolls eyes) I think he's just afraid I'll get a cooler phone than him and he just can't let that happen since he's a certified gadget freak. He tries to tell me he enjoys us having the same phone. ~snort~ Ok, man. That's why I had to put a sticker on mine so as not to get the two confused. He's not fooling me....he just wants to be cool like me.
Thanks in advance, my friends, for helping a sister out.
p.s. For all of you who are not with the V-named carrier? No matter how fast you turn around, that guy with the glasses and his posse will not be standing there. What a rip off. So, don't worry, you're not missing out on anything.