Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Heavenly Chorus

I almost think I heard a heavenly chorus break out this morning.

Why? you might ask.

Because Paige and Makenna are now back in school.

Thank you, Lord!



Conversation between Paige and Makenna, per Paige.

Makenna: Sissy, I'm ready to go back to school.

Paige: Why is that?

Makenna: Because we don't have to clean the whole school. Everytime we turn around at home, we have to clean something.


Paige was dressed and ready for school when I got up this morning at 6:30 a.m. She had on her new tshirt which reads: "I put the R in Rad" . Thank you Old Navy for giving my child more ego-boosting clothing. Like she needs it.

In my excitement of school starting back, I sent Makenna to bed at 7:45 p.m. last night. It's quite a treat to watch someone go to bed with attitude.

I'm quite sure the girls enjoyed their Summer break. No, I didn't lose my train of thought or get it wrong. When you wear shorts and flip flops out to play....it's not a Winter break. This morning is the first time it's been cool enough to wear a jacket.


The news reports that this bizarre warm weather we're experiencing down here in the South is called Global Warming. So, is that the new politically correct name for God? Global Warming?

No comments: