Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Supper Table

I love supper time at our house. When we moved into our bigger home, I made a rule that we would eat together as a family. We had this beautiful big six chair table* just built for a family. Every evening we sit down to eat. This is the time where we ask the girls how their day has been. Both get a chance to tell us what's going on in their lives. This also helps our Little Man learn how to sit and eat a meal. Although.....that's not working out too well most of the time.

Last night Makenna had our next door neighbor over for a sleep over. I was busy arranging the East Wing living room. It is now a CLEAN living room/computer room/play room. Fred took over cooking duty to make us some chimichangas.

We sat down to eat and I am like my mother in law. I put cheese on everything. The kids have picked up this habit also. Paige and I had put cheese on our chimi's when Makenna decided she needed some, too.

"Pass the cheese, please," she said in a sing song voice.

Paige huffed and held it out of her reach. "Say it normal"

"Pass the cheese," Mak said in a deep voice.

Paige huffed and puffed. "SAY it normal."

"Pass the cheeeeeeeese, pleeeaaaasssseeeee," Mak said in squeaky voice.

Paige (turning red in the face), "SAY IT NORMAL. GOD, CAN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING NORMAL. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM??"

Makenna lifted one eyebrow at her crazy acting sister and said,

"Not all people are normal."

She got the cheese.


I love supper time at our table.




*Big shout-out to HelenAnne and Mitch who brought that beautiful table all the way from Nashville for us. That's love, people*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrr....It's true ya'll!! She can't be normal... Not that I am or anything...urgg...she makes me so angry...well...I hope ya'll have fun laughing at my expense...haha..well...*mcl...

* more comments later

~*FaBuLoUs DiVa*~ said...

Thanks for the blog mama!!!