Life lessons. Gotta love 'em.
This particular lesson belongs to Kenna. She can own it and learn from it.
Last night, Mrs. M. and myself did not go watch the fireworks. Mrs. M. is still recovering from her sinusitis and I opted to sit at home with her and relax.
The crew got in late due to a delay in the fireworks display. Kenna come crying that she was STARVING. I told her to get a small something and take it on to bed. She decided to cook a toaster strudel in the microwave. Which was fine. She's done this a few times and has had success.
This was the first time she put it on a styrofoam plate.
And hit the 2 minute button.
And walked away.
By the time we (in the living room) heard the *ding* indicating that it was finished....the awful smell of something burning was rolling through the house.
We ran to the kitchen to find it thick in smoke. Windows were thrown open. The patio door was flung open. Fans were cranked up.
Have you any idea how bad styrofoam smells when it burns?
Once I saw the remains of her strudel, my heart did a little skip. That had potential to turn ugly.
Life Lesson #27: Do NOT evah put styrofoam in the microwave. Especially for two minutes.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury? I give you ............
Exhibit A. What do you think? Lesson learned?