Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mini Update

So far so good on The Boy's higher dose of medication. He's still able to be four and quite capable of throwing fits when Makenna won't share her Nint*ndo DS. He's not lethargic and so much fun to have a conversation with.

If you can today? Say a little prayer for him. Miss Rose suggested last week that we give him goals to work for. He had just been having some behaviour issues at school again (hence the higher dosage). It was decided that if he could get good reports for five days, he would be able to go to the Sonic with Dad where they would then enjoy a banana split while sitting in the back of the truck watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (I promise this is one his FAVORITE movies). In order for this to happen, he has to have ALL stickers on his behaviour chart for five days.

Yesterday was day FOUR of having all stickers.

Today is rainy so they won't get to go outside. Today is also gym and they may not get to go because they would have to walk a little ways in the rain to get there. This does not bode well for my baby. He needs that little bit of physical exertion to help him on through.

He REALLY wants that banana split, Internets.


As for my week? Tonight is the last night of Compass! YaY! I have no presentations tonight and I look forward to sitting back and enjoying the last three speakers. I think I did okay when I spoke and I hope I was able to help someone with the information I gave.

Now, I get to get my day started as The Man and I have counseling at noon. I selfishly look forward to this because it's almost like date time for us. We get to go out to lunch, just the two of us, afterwards. It's nice to chat and talk and only have to focus on each other.

I'll be sure to let you know how The Boy fares on this rainy day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A prayer for that banana split with Dad for your son. Sounds like he's faring quite well and I know you must be somewhat relieved.

YAY for the end of Compass! I'm sure you did a fantabulous job!

Missy said...

Have you thought about an indoor sport activity when it rains. They just built a Monkey Joes near us, I know they have b-day parties there, but I am going to check into coming in for play time off the street. It might be worth looking into.


If you don't know what Monkey Joes is, its a big ol' business of inflatable bouncy houses and slides in one room! A great way to burn energy!

I love the reward system, very creative! I use it with Alex!!

ronee said...

I want to know where you and the man go. Ry and I need it! and i was looking into places...
let me know
xoxo
ronee

Krys72599 said...

I'm praying for that 5th day! I know he can do it!
And kudos to you for recognizing the difference between behavior he needs help controlling and being 4! I can't wait to hear that he did it!!!

Jill AKA busymom said...

Yeah! Praying for day 5:)

Busy Texas Dee said...

I hope he gets his Banana Split. Sounds like a good thing to do. When I took Ashley to the doctors the other day I went a head and picked up a brochure on ADHD and that is one of the things it had suggested to help them focus. I may just have to do that anyway.

As for the chore schedule with Ashley then it's working out pretty good. So far she has done everything on the list without too much complaining. She doesn't want her cell phone to go away. I told her for every chore not completed then the I get the phone for a day. So that's good motivation for her.

Now just to set realistic goals for the other two.

Good luck. Let me know how he does with school this week. Looking forward to a good report.