Monday, March 09, 2009

Snippets

On the way to church yesterday morning:

Me: Hey guys? If I appear to be a little dumb at church today? It's because this headband I'm wearing is squeezing my brain to death.

Another one:

Me: Makenna! You didn't put plates and utensils on the table. I thought you were told to set the table! What do you think we're going to eat off of?

Makenna: I thought we'd eat straight from the pots.

Yet another one:

The Boy does craft projects in Sunday School. He brought home a cut out smile on a popsicle stick. On the teeth were glued mini-marshmallows.

Paige (from seat behind me): EWWWW, Boy, don't EAT the marshmallows.

The Boy: But, I like marshmallows.

Paige: But, they're not good. They have glue on them!

The Boy: I like marshmallows with gu-loo on them!

(Good thing the glue is non-toxic, huh?)

Never a dull moment around The Edge, that's for sure. Anyone want to go to the gym for me? I'm trying very hard to start an exercise routine that's going to stick with me. I hate sweating. If it wasn't for that, I'd be smooth.

8 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I hate sweating too - along with excercise! Ha!
You crack me up, Hope. Truly!

Anonymous said...

Makenna sounds a lot like ME at her age - LOL.

Roni said...

Those were hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

AndreaLeigh said...

haha! aren't tight headbands the WORST? ugh, I hate it.

Hermes said...

Ha. I've always wanted to have enough quotes to make a good post. I can never remember them and am not going to be able to stop to write them down as they happen. Happy gluey marshmallows.

Unknown said...

Cute comments from your day. I'll bet there is quite a bit of entertaining conversation around your house!

Denise said...

Amen on the headbands! They always give me a headache and keep sliding back on my head. I think maybe I have a fat noggin.

Michelle said...

cute!

If you are sweating it's workin'
plus it just makes the showers that much better!