Friday, July 13, 2007

Six Years?? Wow.

I got me a date tonight, Internets. At a restaurant that takes reservations. Yeah, that's right. High dollar dining for Miss Hope at 6:30 p.m. this evening. And all of this romantic goodness? My husband's idea. I might just shave my legs for an occasion such as this.

Because today is the sixth anniversary of our meeting face to face. Ack...this means a small explanation. We met online before meeting online was cool. May 27, I do believe it was. Now for those who knew me then, quit counting on your fingers right this minute. I know that's when I was getting a divorce. BUT..and I stress BUT...I had already been to my lawyer for a consult and had put down a retainer fee because I was SO out of that relationship before I even knew The Man existed. I may not have been quite free legally to go about my business, but that mess was over and done with. I prolly should have waited longer, but when a present such as this is put in your lap? You don't argue, you open that sucker up and enjoy the mess out of it.

Shortening the story a tad. Fred was stationed in Pearl Harbor while I was living in S.C. He im'd me one night as he was PCS'ing* to Charleston in the next month. We struck up a conversation and, well, just talked. Alot. Next thing I knew, we were fighting a six hour time difference just to have a talk every day. He left Hawaii to spend a few weeks with his family before heading on to S.C.

He arrived July 11 and we thought about meeting around July 14th or 15th. We decided we couldn't wait. I juggled and smuggled and did what I could to make a meeting happen on Friday, July 13. And it did. We met. Face to face.

Then I reckon we did the next best thing.

We proceeded to live happily ever after.

Happy Anniversary, Honey. It's been an interesting six years and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Oh, and did I mention that I love you?



*PCS'ing. PCS stands for permanent change of station. Which is kind of stupid to me because no station is permanent, but that's the military for you.

And when I made mention last night about blogging about this, Paige called Fred "Mr. Sappy Comment Poster Man".

Some Miss Hope personal trivia. I was born on the 13th. I am the 13th grandchild on my mother's side. If there had been a 13th month and year available, I feel positive I would have had those, too.

7 comments:

Mrs. Em said...

Awww! Congrats on the 6 years! :) I hope y'all have many many more wonderful years together. Enjoy your night out! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was exactly 6yrs ago on Friday the 13th, coincidentally, that I met my lovely bride. And, to explain a little further on her story: When I found out I was moving to SC, I decided to try and find out a little about the place. I had never been there except to drive through once (I don't even remember where I was heading). The IMing was after I asked, in a room full of people, if there was anyone from Charleston, SC. Since she was the closest at the time, I decided to see if I could find out anything about the place.

Anyway, you know the rest. I have never been happier than I am with Hope, and I know God brought us together and that we will be together for ever.

I love you, Hope, and am looking forward to many more years together.

Celia said...

Awww, yay! Have fun tonight! :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

aAwwwww!!! Sweet. Hope you have a lovely night. Happy anniversary!

DaBlairs said...

happy anniversary! enjoy your night out, and many more shave-worthy adventures :)
Paige you were right girl....that was a sappy comment!

Philip Girls Fast Pitch Softball said...

I just want to say congrats on your 6 year celebration! Hope it's great! I think it's really sweet the way you two met, and I know how military goes. Nothing is permanent! You guys are doing great!
Oh, and thanks for checking out my blog a while back, when I was getting it started. I really appreciate it! I'm starting to get the hang of this, and am really enjoying myself.
God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hope, I'm also glad God brought Fred into our life. We think he is wonderful for you. We love you all!!