Thursday, January 19, 2006

Get a Job, Man....

So I got a job. Seriously. I'm still in shock that I might just be gainfully employed. How did this happen??

I'll tell you how. My Sistah Mar's hubby is building a business. He's been after me a while to join in on the train on the ground floor. He finally talked me into it. And dangit, I'm excited. For two weeks, I've had alot of fun. Have felt all grown up. Am giving input. Am actually being listened to! How many can claim that?!?

I'm not stupid, though. I've gotten my Mom and my SIL in this deal with me. It's not a 9 to 5 ...Mon.-Fri. kind of deal. Loving it already, aren't you? I can take my kids...if I need to. I get to put in time at night when kids are in bed on my beloved computer!

PINCH ME, PEOPLE!

Best thing I think is that my boss (I like to call him Boss and pick on him instead of his real name...makes him go "heh heh heh"...but I seriously think he likes it!) is very family oriented. He has two girls. He knows what sickness is. He knows what a doctor's appointment is.

Just starting work, I get sick. Not just an average cold. I would almost bet one hundred dollars I have that "walking pneumonia" deal. Usually after 3-4 days, I'm good to go. Recovered and on my way. It's been a week. I'm not much better. I have laryngitis. My kids love it, of course. I can't get them to do anything around here. "Huh, Mom? Can't hear you! Sorry!" Humph. We'll see ol' girls when Mama's voice comes back. They know I can't bend over without putting Niagara Falls to shame. The hussies. I'm going to violate Child Labor Laws ten different ways, friends. But don't expect me to blog about it because it could be held against me in a court of law.

I'm employed outside the home for the first time in almost 12 years. (I'm not counting a few things here and there). I am excited about contributing financially to our household. I can still be with my children.

Dang. Pinch me again, would you?

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

I'm jealous, girl!

Crazy Me said...

Congrats on the job. Be sure to use some of that $$ on yourself and a massage. Pure bliss!!