Thursday, January 26, 2006

Who Did It?

I'm not joking. I want to know who had the bright idea to make single parents* work a job and try to get three people of various ages to cooperate in the morning time. Because it just isn't possible, people. Okay, it is possible. But not without a cup of coffee and a nerve pill.

I had to start early this morning. I am working for a charter bus company and travel agency. Very interesting. Fun. Really liking it. Wasn't liking it so much this morning when we had to start that early to get a busload of teenagers off on a ski trip. I had to leave by 6:30 a.m. and decided to take Makenna to my mother's before I left. Paige kept Vitt while she dressed. Makenna and I were walking out to the van and when she opened the door and looked she said.....

"Mama....you must've read the clock wrong. It's still dark out here!!!"

I assured her that I hadn't and that the sun would be out in less than 15 minutes. She still didn't believe me and was secretly hoping I would let her go back in the house and get in that warm bed. No dice, sister.

It was a fast working day, but I think I'm going to enjoy doing it. Especially when I get to hitchhike a little trip on a luxury charter bus. I even got to play with the microphone. Felt like a tour director for a minute there. I even asked the bus driver if we could do some karaoke. He was a cool guy and told me to have at it.

We are all trying to adjust. The kids aren't too thrilled, but they don't have to worry about building a house some day. Mama does.

I just hope there aren't too many day where Makenna thinks I can't read the clock.

*so my husband doesn't get pissed. I am NOT a single parent as in not married. I am a single parent in the aspect that I am raising these children on my own. I am the second wife in the harem. The Navy is the first.

No comments: