I have come to a few conclusions while The Man has been gone.
1. Trash detail is a man's job. I don't care if you women libbers out there get all riled up. I stand by this and am putting my foot down on it. I've done my share of taking the trash and although I made the girls do it this time? It's a man job.
2. I may be The Boy's Mama and he might love me good and give me sugar on a regular basis, but he is a Daddy's boy. He can handle the day just fine....yet when night time comes....he longs for the Dad. I'm good with this until he fights going to bed. My patience is lost fast then.
3. I can't keep up with the quick and easy foods. I get the heartburn too bad and it's just not worth it! I am enjoying sitting in The Man's chair while he's gone. Might have to fight him for it on his return home....
4. Last time I did this single parenting gig, I was new here and knew no one. Therefore, I pretty kept my de-pressed butt in the house and ventured out only when I had to. Now? I'm so butt crazy busy, I feel like I'm never home! Before I counted the days until his return and marked them off with a red marker on the public calendar. Now? I just want to be able to get done what I gotta do this week before the plane brings him home on Friday.
5. No relation to The Man being gone, but I have discovered that if every room in my house is clean at one time? I shall fall over and quite possibly pass out. How freaking hard can it be? I start in one room and I promise before the Good Lord above, when I get back to where I began...I have to start all over again. That just plain sucks.
6. I have also discovered that kids will have no pity on the Mama on her own. The only thing that works is this..."I am not taking your butts to school. You will be ready on time and out the door or you will walk the whole way there. " This wouldn't be so bad for Makenna except for her being lazy. She's not about overly exerting herself. Paige, on the other hand, wouldn't make it there by noon. She knows I'm serious, so she's been cooperating on that score.
Those are a few conclusions I've come to in the past couple of days while on my own with the kids.
I haven't done too badly and I never doubted myself. It was just one of those situations you knew was coming and you were gonna have to do, but ya didn't have to like it. Make sense? We're fine here, but we miss the manly influence. It's cool having a complete family unit.