Thursday, February 08, 2007

Letter of Importance

Dear Discovery Channel,

We have a teensy problem here. You see, my husband is working in an office at the moment instead of being on a boat. This is fine except for the fact he has a television located in his office. Why, you ask? I have no idea, but apparently everyone has a television located in their office. Until recently, he had an office mate who loved to watch a certain channel that showed continuous J*A*G re-runs. Now that the office mate is gone....he has full control and has decided you, Discovery Channel, will be the channel of the day after he's seen Robin and Company run through at least three times (in case he's missed something concerning sports).

I didn't think anything of it at first. Call me oblivious.

But, at lunch yesterday, I got a full entire monologue on how baby chickens are hatched, sorted, etc etc. He insists that it is very interesting, yet he feels sorry for how the chicks are handled so soon after birth. I can live with it.

Tonight....out of left field.....he all of a sudden says..."Do you know why mirrors are so expensive?" I sighed. Then I looked at him and said..."You've been watching Discovery Channel again, haven't you?" I was right.

I'm all about educating one's self. I really am. But, you've got to understand that you've got the wrong person watching you now. He stores all this lovely information so that he can enthrall his family later with bunches and bunches and bunches of facts. I would even venture to say that his explanations are longer than the shows he watches.

All I'm saying is that if you are kind, you will go off the air from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.

We, the family, would appreciate it. Alot.

Yours truly,

Miss Hope

3 comments:

OneHungMan said...

OneHung loves him some Discovery Channel.

Miss Hope said...

I am finding that most men do, Hung.

Crazy Me said...

LOL! Don't forget the History channel. My boy loves that too and it drives me NUTS!!