Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Family and all that

We made it back. Took a long time, it feels like, but we did.


Our visit to Edge I was a good one. There's always so much to do and so many people to see when we're there, that I feel like I'm caught in a whirlwind most of the visit.


Big shout out to Miss Anne and Christie (along with Tom and boys). I got to speak with them briefly at church Sunday morning and it was so good to see them both. Christie and I were gypped because it was a quick hurried conversation, but we still understand we love each other and that raising boys can be a tough deal at times. Plus, I got to hug Tom. The man has always been a good hugger and I appreciate one of those!


Easter was great although I can't, for the life of me, believe I forgot to take pictures! That's not like me at all. Kind of bites because we were all lookin' good. Nothing better than being all dressed up for church on a Sunday morning. Especially for Easter.


Now I get to tell you what MY Easter Bunny...named David....got for me. For a while now, we've been in need of a new vehicle. Our van was/is great...but her time was drawing short and we needed something bigger and more dependable to make our long trips home safe in. So, around four months ago, Fred called our friend David back home who deals with the used vehicles to see what he could do for us. Most people say not to trust a used car salesman. I'd normally agree with this. But, I got Davie. I've known him my entire life because his sister and I were great friends growing up (still are!). His wife and I are good friends. Remember my post about Stacey getting married? The one that I held the entire day when she came home from the hospital? David and Michelle's daughter. See? We got history.


Anyway, we got a call last week telling us that he had found the vehicle for us. After months of going to sales and turning away vehicle after vehicle....this was the one. He felt so sure of it..he bought it and brought it back to the shop. I was sold. Michelle started sending text pictures through the phone and I was ready to go get it.


This is what was waiting on Miss Hope when she got home this past Saturday....



Yep. That's an SUV. A gas guzzling, road hogging, big as all get out SUV.

I know there are those of you out there who believe in the hybrid. Goody for you.

All I know is I have three kids in various stages of growth that have the potential to hurt each other if kept close for long periods of time. I know I have a teenager who can pack four bags for a 2 day trip. I know I am claustrophobic and small cars make me sweat. And sweating is unattractive. I don't do sweat. If I can help it.

Just so you know, I do try to counteract my vehicle gluttony in a productive and meaningful way. I recycle. A lot. I have bins lined up with my soda cans, food cans, plastics, paper, cardboard, etc etc. See? I'm not all evil and gas guzzling. I know I have five consumers living under this roof and must do at least a little something to justify my decision to give birth three times. Because they're mine and I love them so that makes it too late to get rid of them. Downsizing is not an option, I'm afraid.

So, our trip home was filled with paperwork, visiting, and running around. Worth all the hassle, of course. Bad thing about it is now I have a temporary base pass until the tags go through and theres a big shindig happening on our base this week. I have a feeling I'll be encountering a few vehicle searches. Let 'em. That sucker is clean and they better take advantage of it before the kids put their mark on the inside. Crap. I forgot to ask how to open the hood. Might encounter a problem or two with that one.

I did get to see my Grandma twice while there. It just breaks my heart to see her suffering. I wish there was something I could do to ease it some how. In turn, I see my Daddy suffering because this is his Mama. Talk about heart breaking. Those of you who believe in the power of prayer? I would appreciate some prayers sent up for my Grandma. Do I want you to ask for healing? I don't know. I'd like for you to ask that God grant her mercy and comfort. He knows what He has planned for her and she's a fine Christian woman. Her mouth constantly moves in prayer and that in itself comforts me.

I'm off to cover my class on base. I'm sure alot of people won't be there because of the whole spring break issue...but I'm committed to it, so I shall be there to see it through!

Next post? Text messages I've received from Paige.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Hope, it was wonderful to see you this weekend, although I agree it was short and sweet. I read your post to Tom over the phone and could hear him blushing from miles away! Please tell The Man that we said hello. We missed him in line @ church. Maybe one day soon we can sit down for a long visit! Love ya!
Crystie

Michelle said...

Luv the ride...Hope ya'll enjoy...

Enjoyed our short visit...It was great to see your mom...Hope Vitt likes the toys and stuff!

Happy Birthday to all...

Paige you looked great....You come visit me soon. Their are some real "Hotties" in the neighborhood!

Mrs. Em said...

In Jeremy's mind, you have to take your SUV off road in order to justify having said SUV. Take Easter Sunday for example. We had to trek down to Florida for some mandatory fun. We got there a bit early, so we decided to check out the area. Realizing time was running short, Jeremy decided we were in quick need of a u-turn. We jumped curbs, we finagled in the dirt. Proudly he said afterward, "We have now broken in our SUV." We had hybrid-car owners riding with us...they didn't think it was too funny. But I did.

And I'm praying for your Grandma. Always. God's will is going to be done.

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks Aunt Chelle. (:


Psh, hotties? Will do!
: D hahaha nahhhh, I'll come to see ya'll. (( Butttt,as you know from talking to me the other day, eye candy is greatly appreciated any day and any time. ^-^ ))



mom! ergh! not the text messages! hahaha oh well.


Andddd, Mrs. Em? I wanna go off road in it. I just don't wanna have to clean it afterwards. -_-

OneHungMan said...

Nice ride.

andria said...

Oh, you glutton you. But you know I say that because my Easter Bunny wasn't nearly as generous. I still have three huge car seats squeezed onto one seat. Fun.

Stefany said...

Ahh, WELCOME HOME.

I like the gas guzzling SUV. Have you had to fill it up yet?

I cant WAIT to hear about the text messages !

Hermes said...

Big vehicles are a big problem. If only people who did NOT need them would refrain from buying them, we'd be in better shape. I drive big too. Full size Ford pickups are all I can use. But where I live, I need it. I wouldn't do well driving around the bush in a Honda. Sounds like you need it, unlike the creeps I see in Vancouver in the HOV lane in Landrovers with one person in them.

Missy said...

you need you some pink fuzzy dice!!

We have missed you, glad you back and you got an Easter Goodie!!! Its beautiful!

Anonymous said...

oo! yeah!
okay. new mission; find GINORMOUS PINK FUZZY DICE for the tahoe. ^_^
hehe
this is gonna be awesome.

disfamof3 said...

MMMMMMMMMM NEW CAR SMELL .. And it smelled very nice :)
I am glad that the whole brood made it HOME again!!
Can't wait to get a ride in the new SUV :)
Maybe you can take Em,Carla and me for a offroading extravaganza !! There are plenty of dirt roads here!!
I'll bring the camera :)

HUGS!!!

Missy said...

Paige, GINORMOUS!!!Indeed :} OH, hot pink!