Sunday, March 02, 2008

I'm just wondering...(edited to add something..)

Hypothetically speaking here, okay? Not saying this is the truth or not, but let's just say maybe it is? For the sake of conversation, of course.

Say you go to church with good friends of yours. People you love and think highly of.

Say the wife was home under the weather and the husband came without her.

Say the kids all went to Children's Church.

Say you and your hubby were at one end of the row and the guy was at the other end of the row because you had all the kids between you before they left. So, that might would put around 4-5 chairs between you and him.

Say you were enjoying the preacher when something catches your attention out of the corner of your eye.

Say you look over and the guy...the husband of your friend....was dozing. And not being discreet about it. Maybe he was leaning forward some and jerking back. A lot.

Say you felt compelled to help a brother out but didn't know how to without drawing even more attention to the fact that he was about to fall out of his chair in the next few minutes.

Are you with me so far?

Answer me this, if you can.

Knowing what the situation hypothetically is.....

Was it wrong to take a picture of him sleeping with your camera phone?

Edited to add:

I hear the plea for the hypothetical picture, but there's a problem, you see:

1. I can't do that to my friend. She's a good woman and I let her down by not throwing something at the man to wake him up. I had this fear that if I were to do so, he would holler or something else like that. During the sermon. Not a good thing.

2. Being super ninja stealth is second nature...except I was holding the phone upside down and you would all have to stand on your heads to see the full impact.

Again, this is all hypothetically speaking.................




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO YOU DIDN'T! GIRL!!! I was dreaming about him falling asleep and meant to text you to tell you to sit next to him so you could nudge him. ROFLMAO. How embarrassing is that? Poor man, he just can't help himself. He has ALWAYS been like that, no matter how much sleep he gets. He just can't sit still w/out falling out. Maybe I shouldn't send him to church when I can't be there?!?!?!

Miss Hope said...

Hypothetically speaking, of course. Right, girl?

Stefany said...

Hypothetically speaking...would it be wrong to ask you to post it on your blog? Please, please, please ?

Krys72599 said...

"Wrong to take a picture of him sleeping with your camera phone?" No. Abso-freakin'-hysterical-lutely not!

Mrs. Em said...

Now THAT is a picture I have to see!!

Missy said...

Me too, me too, I wanna see! Hope, you public has asked! We want the pic!
Maybe he should think of changing churches, nothing wrong with the one you guys go to but maybe an evangelical or even a Church of God, I know that they like to bounce up and down! Nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea, but might help him stay awake, lol! Oh, this leads me to a story.....

Sabrina

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefany said...

okay... we are waiting for the picture............

OneHungMan said...

Can't answer the question without seeing the picture first.

AndreaLeigh said...

Too funny! Caught in the act!

Hermes said...

I'd like to think that I can have a "moment" and not have it posted on youtube. You did well with the pic and are right on not posting.

DaBlairs said...

Hypothetically I don't think Carla would mind you doing your part to make sure I get my exercise for the day (Standing on my head to view said picture!)

Mrs. Em said...

Mellie - That would be yet ANOTHER good picture to see!

Michelle said...

Yes...we need a picture to back this one up! What I want to know, is does yo mama know you had a PHONE in church...Girl, she's gonna whip your tail.....